Tuesday, May 29, 2012

It's Only Tuesday You Say?!

Pet Peeve No. 1:  It is without fail, whenever I have to be somewhere I get stuck behind the car that is taking a Sunday stroll on a Tuesday morning.

Oh silly me, that's not my No. 1 Pet Peeve -- surely, the crying tween on the other end of the phone while stuck driving behind said Sunday-stroller-on-a-Tuesday-morning is the cake topper.  She's crying because she forgot her gym sneakers for the second week in a row.  Last week I told her that I was not going to bring her her sneakers because she's old enough to remember them and just because I work at home that didn't mean I could jump at her every need.  Fine.  I told her no again this morning and hung up the phone with sniffles and tears.

Now I'm pissed off because of the tears.  I'm getting more and more heated because why am *I* feeling guilty when she's perfectly capable of remembering her shit in the morning since she has time to sit around and watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with the boy child.  I'm feeling pissy because I know this is going to stew and fester in my mind all day; those goddamn tears.  I can't stand it.  I start to think about all the things I do for the boy because he's not capable of doing everything obviously, but then that steamrolls into just another pile of mommy guilt shit.  I have to go bring these sneakers to her because it's going to ruin my entire day and I'm selfish.  I need to not have my entire day ruined from tears, but you can bet your ass I'm going to ream her a new one when I get to the school.

You do realize that I grab the sneakers and get stuck behind another mother-effin Sunday driver.  Apparently he can see the rage on my face because he pulls over and let's me pass him.  I think he knew he was THISCLOSE to losing his life on this Tuesday morning. 

I am happy to report that Jillian will be doing all her chores and then some extra shit that I have no desire to do tonight with no face, no attitude, no talking back.  I also suspect that there will be no more forgetting said sneakers again.  Should there be sneaker forgetting, I am positive that there will be no phone call asking for them. 

Now if the toddler pisses his pants at school today, I can promise you that there will no longer be a blog from me as I will have lost all ability to form a proper thought, let alone put that thought on "paper."

*cheers my friends*

Please visit me at Confessions of a Truu Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment