Thursday, August 30, 2012

Looks Like I Picked the Wrong Week to Stop Sniffin' Glue..

Seriously, this week has just about sucked as many donkey balls as you can imagine a week could.  Who had time to write about the first day of school when I was too busy trying to pull my head out of my ass?!  The first week of school will be done in exactly one hour so let's reminisce shall we...

Mama bear decides to go to a concert on Sunday, you know, that day that falls right before Monday, more specifically, the first-day-of-school Monday.  So as you can imagine, I was totally freakin' on my A-game like nobody's business that day.  It was totally like an A minus, totally.  I knew I was going to be doing a lot of running around, but I didn't realize how much of a pain in my ass it really is, but as I've stated many, many times (so as to convince myself this is all worth it) I work at home for a reason and one reason only; to be here for my kids. 

Beginning rant now:  we live .9 miles away from the school which means my kid doesn't qualify for the bus.  We live on a main road with no sidewalks and it's a straight-a-way which means about 50 miles an hour these cars are traveling.  This running around is exhausting the shit out of me so much that I'm actually contemplating letting her walk to and from school.  I don't dare say that out loud just yet.  Let me have a weekend to recover and I'll see how next week goes and decide then if I'm crazy enough or exhausted enough to do it all again and again for a total of 180 days *shudder*  Regardless, Monday, even with a slight hangover, I rocked my socks off.  I didn't cry until Jillian walked into school and only then I didn't sob.  I pathetically whimpered and had snot coming out of my nose just a little bit.  I didn't cry at all when I dropped Andrew off at preschool, and the only reason for that was because HE was crying so I had to play brave face for him.  However, when I walked out of school with my hangover head and the ringing in my ears I was too grateful to go home that I didn't even remember to cry.

So I couldn't tell you at all what the hell has been happening in between Monday and now because I lost my shit completely.  I need my "ducks in a row," and they most certainly have not been in a row.  I don't do change very well.  I just flat out don't do it at all.  I can tell you that I am most certainly happy about having a long weekend already and that next week there are only four school days.  *kisses the ground in happiness*  Now you'll have to go excuse me while I go pick up my Xanax at the pharmacy.  Clearly, it's going to be needed.

*cheers my friends*

Confessions of a Truu Mom on Facebook


3 comments:

  1. Oh man! That sucks hardcore, hun. I'm sorry that the first week didn't go that great, but just remember...you're working out the kinks.
    You got this and if you don't, Xanax has you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, because I adore you so much, I've nominated you for another award!

    http://smn0409.blogspot.com/2012/09/laine-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you through the Mommy Chronicles and glad I did. Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete