Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Summertime - A Parent's Test

It's clearly summertime around these parts.  I know this not because of the record temperatures outside, not because of the chirping birds, not because of the many lawnmowers and weed whackers working overtime.  I know it is summertime because I have two children up my ass every second of every day.  Not only do I have two children lodged so far up my ass it hurts to sit down, but add to the mix the asshole attitude of a three-year-old and a total bitch of an 11-year-old.

As if dealing with toddler temper tantrums that suddenly appeared out of nowhere wasn't enough to send me to the nearest padded room with a lock that is on the inside of the room, I am now being tortured by the dramatics that is "the pre-teen."  I can honestly say that I am defeated this morning.  I know in my heart of hearts that the best thing to do is rip her entire day of friends and pool and fun away from her for the 1,402,284 eye roll I've gotten this week or 3,203 foot stomp I've received, but I have to be honest with you and say that if I have to look at her face for one more goddamn second, I'm going to rip it off of her body in a screaming fit of rage.  Yes, that is probably way more dramatic than I should feel, but it is where I stand right now.  I don't want to look at her, hear her, listen to her breathe.  It is that bad.

I'm barely clinging onto sanity with the toddler meltdowns, and I don't know where to turn in regards to this latest turn of events.  I can't take away the goddamn skateboarding lessons because I'll be damned if I'm going to waste the cash I already spent on it.  She is going to her father's house next week for the entire week so you see how in between fits of rage I'm having boughts of sadness of her leaving me for a week, although secretly I know it's going to be an amazingly quiet week no matter how shitty the little one is acting, and if we're being totally honest, I don't want to listen the screams and cries of taking the fun day away from her even if I know it's the "right" thing to do in the long run.  I know that it certainly won't end well if I go down that road today; maybe tomorrow but today would be a very, very bad idea.

I don't know at this point which end is up, and I wish I wasn't such an impatient person, but I am who I am and these kids better learn a little bit faster the art of fear because I can tell you that the nutjob that lives inside my head is not anything that will want to be witness to.

*cheers my friends*

You can also find me at Confessions of a Truu Mom

2 comments:

  1. You need a vacation. Can the 3 yr old hit up a sitter for a day or two next week? Silence, for once?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snort that'd be awesome but not doable. I can deal with one but not both lately :)

    ReplyDelete